FXB 2016 – firstname.lastname@example.org
I am an avid engineer and data scientist specializing in robotic systems. I enjoy working in hardware and software while also modeling the physical systems I aim to control. I am currently pursuing a PhD in Robotics at the University of Michigan specializing in autonomy and safety for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS). My work focuses on emergency landing for UAS by helping augment decision making capabilities through machine learning and multi-modal data fusion. Prior to pursing my PhD I worked as a control systems engineer in the oil and gas industry for three years focusing on safety systems.
- Castagno, Jeremy, and Ella Atkins. “Roof Shape Classification from LiDAR and Satellite Image Data Fusion Using Supervised Learning.” Sensors 18.11 (2018): 3960.
- Sun, Liang, Castagno, J. D., Hedengren, J. D., & Beard, R. W. “Parameter estimation for towed cable systems using moving horizon estimation.” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems 51.2 (2015): 1432-1446.
- Castagno, Jeremy, Cosme Ochoa, and Ella Atkins. “Comprehensive risk-based planning for small unmanned aircraft system rooftop landing.” 2018 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS). IEEE, 2018.
- Castagno, Jeremy D., and Ella M. Atkins. “Automatic Classification of Roof Shapes for Multicopter Emergency Landing Site Selection.” arXiv preprint arXiv:1802.06274(2018)
- McDonough, K., Castagno J.D., Player, J., Atkins, E.M. (2018). RANGR: Risk Aware Navigation and Guidance for Resilience. AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2018